Monday, July 23, 2007

Party Animals of the world - Unite!

Well, just nine days after my little princess' birthday we are getting ready to attend yet another party. A family member's little princess is turning 9 today. I, being the one that is in charge of the cake, am late, as usual. Turns out that the birthday girl wishes to have a Spider Man cake. Chocolate cake, please.

I had to take Mr. Sir to get his rig's oil changed so that took a couple hours out of my valuable time. I stopped at Tom Thumb and ordered the cake. I put my most pitiful face on and managed to get the lady at the bakery counter to feel sorry for me and have the cake ready in a couple hours.

This past weekend I found out that the Easy Bake oven my little princess got for her birthday has been recalled. I pointed out to her that a little 5-yr old girl had suffered 3rd degree burns on her hand and had to have a partial amputation. Her words to me were, "Yeah, but I am not some young kid that's silly enough to put my hand in there. I'm 9 and almost a teenager." As if teenagers are all-knowing. In their minds they are, I guess.

To keep my teenage-type offspring in line I proudly stuck a poster on the back of my kitchen cabinets that reads:

TEENAGERS

IF YOU ARE TIRED OF BEING HARASSED BY
UNREASONABLE PARENTS

Now is the time FOR ACTION!!!

LEAVE HOME AND PAY YOUR OWN WAY
WHILE YOU STILL KNOW EVERYTHING!

I got home and bribed her into taking a bath. Kids are just dirty some times. She knows there's a party and a chocolate cake at the end of that bribe and she will do anything for that, even take a bath. I have yet to wrap the birthday gift. I'll get Mr. Sir to do that....he's good at that. Since he can't cook to save his life it's either wrap the dadgum gift or no food for you...one year!


No comments: