Friday, August 17, 2007

Scheduling jewelry shows

I've decided to get off my duff and start calling up potential jewelry show hosts. I've come to the conclusion that nobody will come to my door and buy the stuff from me. I must go out there and get the customers. I've been playing lazy all summer and it's enough to drive me insane. I've been cooped up, first because the rain wouldn't let up, then because it was too hot. This is Texas and unfortunately I will not see 70 degree days until maybe in November; which will be too late to the get the bulk of the Christmas sales.

Next week I will be going to a local bank where I was invited to go and take my jewelry to sell to the ladies that work there. I have to tag a lot of my jewelry so I need to get that going tonight. It is Friday, I have done nothing all week but moaned and complained about the heat. Since Mr. Sir is stubborn and doesn't seem to make an effort to get our family out of this hell-hole that is Texas, I need to make the best of it.

My rings are easy to carry and are top sellers so I will probably take a couple trays each of the rings, bracelets, necklaces and about 100 pairs of earrings. I won't take everything as it will probably overwhelm the customers.

No comments: