Friday, August 3, 2007

Rambling thoughts

It's Friday again and I'm doing my usual Friday stuff. Went to Bath and Body again and took little princess to eat lunch. She picked Chinese. I ate veggies and fish. I'm still being good or at least trying.

I've just finished reading Nicholas Sparks' book The Wedding. A wonderful book. This is the first time I read one of his books and now I'm hooked. I'll have to go back to Half Price books to get some more. Maybe I should try Ebay instead.

I found a great online book place, I was hoping I could get some good books cheaper than at Half Price Books. I found book closeouts and ordered some books and was pleasantly surprised to find that shipping for 8 books was only 5 dollars!! I tell you, those people on Ebay rip you off horribly on shipping charges. I did manage to get a set of 4 Nicholas Sparks books on Ebay for a total of 10 bucks including shipping. Not bad considering I paid 6.95 for The Wedding at Half Price Books.

In all my years my admiration for authors has been right up there with my admiration for doctors. An author has a special gift that not many truly possess. Yes, there are authors galore but not all of them are good. Authors of fiction are at the heart of this unparalleled admiration. To have the ability to write a story, that captures the reader's interest, to the point of making the reader feel as if they are living the experience, is amazing. I've always wondered why I wasn't born with that gift.

It's a very hot day today. Reached 97 degrees with a heat index of 100. I made the mistake of taking little princess to the lake to feed the ducks. Ungrateful beasts wouldn't have anything to do with us. Little princess did the droopy shoulder thing and I told her that the lake was full of fish now that it has rained so much. The smart ducks preferred the fish over the bread. Can't say I blame them. She insisted that she wanted to go to the other side and see if she could "convince" them. How do you convince a duck that bread is better than fish?

She ran further down along the embankment. It was so hot I called out to her and told her we needed to leave as I could feel the effects of a headache coming on. I get heat-induced headaches; migraines, really. They are knock-down, horribly painful headaches. I usually crawl into my bed, in a darkened cool room in helpless defeat. Sometimes the pain will be gone after a couple hours, other times it will be there for a couple days. I hate the heat.

Maybe I can convince Mr. Sir to move to Canada. I need to get my thinking cap on and find ways that will not allow him the luxury of making excuses. He's a man, however, and maybe I am asking/expecting too much.


No comments: