Sunday, August 12, 2007

Exes and the Latino culture

Do you ever think about whatever happened to a significant other from your past? Do you keep in touch with them at all? I always wonder but I don't keep in touch with any of them.

I've always wondered about those people that do. Is it to keep the doors of opportunity open just in case your current relationship doesn't work out? Was it because that was your one true love? I think a lot about mine at times and have even had dreams about him. He always looks the same, aren't dreams wonderful, he looks happy. Oh, my husband knows about him. I've told him before that nobody will take his place in my heart. Not him, not anybody.

Ben was 6' 2" tall and he was gorgeous. I still love him. I'll never stop loving him. Things just didn't work out between us so I left him; all the way up in New Jersey, where I lived at the time. He worshipped the ground I walked on. When I think back to that time I guess I just wasn't ready to put up with him and his brother who constantly thought he had to be around me and Ben. Being that Ben was older than him Ben thought he had to take care of him. Yeah, buddy if the dude can make a grand a week and that was 20 years ago, I think he can take care of himself pretty good.

I have a Latino background but I don't live with my in-laws nor do my family members share a home with me. I hate that about that culture. Why do they all have to live in a single house together? I'm sorry but that's just tacky. I like my privacy, thank you very much. Ben's brother had the nasty habit of coming into mine and Ben's bedroom without knocking. Most of the time he would catch me undressing for bed or first thing in the morning. Argh, I couldn't stand that guy!

You know what's funny is I learned through careful investigation (snooping really) that my beloved Ben has gotten married and sure enough, his younger brother lives with them now. The man is pushing 40!! Get a life already. I feel for Ben's poor wife.

Some people you just can't help. I'm glad I didn't stay with Ben but I still love him. He can't help it he's Latino. Now, to get that sour taste out of my thoughts...hee hee, I'm going to go do some designing here.

No comments: