Thursday, August 16, 2007

Favorite Dishes

I've always been one that loves to eat. Although I can't eat a lot of things with red meat in them cuz red meat truly gags me. Every once in a while I'll have a plain bacon cheeseburger from Braums.

My favorite food is a plate full of veggies. I also love veggie pizza. I am going to be joining weight watchers pretty soon because I have to lose some weight. At my age I know that it isn't wise to be overweight when I have heart disease and diabetes in my family.

I just got my order of some really cool books I ordered a couple weeks ago. Yeah, they were delivered by Pony Express. What can I say, they were sent via media mail and for cheap so I can't complain too much.

In that order I got this really cool cookbook called "Off the Shelf Cooking." Last night I was flipping through the pages and was pleasantly surprised that it had some really good recipes that were rather easy to make. I like easy. I'm lazy or as my teenage-type offspring refers to as "conserving energy." Hmmm, I like that term better.

In the next few days I will be posting some of my favorite recipes from that book. There are quite a bit that are healthy and those are the ones I will share with you guys. I will also be posting my own recipe for lasagna as I promised my dear friend I would dig it up and post it on here.

No comments: