Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Lam!!

Today is one of my good friend's birthday. She turns 37 today. We're going out to lunch this week in celebration. Next month I'm going to her mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary party. She told me they are going to make it like a wedding all over again. I tell you one thing, these people do not spare expense when it comes to their parents. Lam is Vietnamese and is the sweetest person I know. She and Sonny have been married for 6 years now.

We will probably go have Pho for lunch this week since she doesn't eat American food. That's fine, I love Pho. Although, I can never finish the entire bowl of this delicious soup. Also, I always feel like a klutz because I cannot use the chop sticks to pick up the rice. Give me a spoon and fork; I'm sorry but I'm not talented like they are....not that way anyway.

Every time we've gone for lunch -- I used to work with her -- she would give me some chopsticks and tell me to go home and practice. Well, here I am 4 years later and have a wonderful collection of chopsticks in my kitchen drawer. The ones my daughter hasn't used for crafting purposes, that is. Shhhh, don't tell Lam.

What's funny about Lam is she eats like a horse and is skinny as a toothpick. I also love her accent. Her S sounds come out like SH. For instance, she refers to her husband as Shonny, not Sonny. When she gets dressed up she says she feels "Sheckshy" instead of sexy. I talked to her on the phone this past week and she said she cannot believe I remember her birthday every year. I don't forget stuff like that, especially when it concerns people I care for.

So, we will go have Pho this week...I will have chicken and she will have "beep" -- Lams way of saying beef.

Lam -- here's to many, many more healthy years. You are still a young sheckshy cheek. Now...go get 'em girrrrl!! Love ya!

No comments: