Sunday, September 9, 2007

Creative Memories Consultant

You are now reading the blog of a brand spanking new Creative Memories consultant. Yep, I took the leap and I should be getting my kit by sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday. The lady that signed me up was nice enough to give me the items that were included in the kit that she had readily available. I will pay her back when my kit arrives. I couldn't wait to get it so she gave me about half of the items. I also purchased from her, at my discount, the oval cutter which is awesome.

See, last weekend when I went to Michaels, I purchased a Fiskars cutting system. Paid $30 for it only to discover when I tried to use it the darn thing didn't work. The round cutter worked like a charm but the oval one skipped and moved the picture and cut it all crooked. I have over 16 years worth of pictures that need to be organized and put in a scrapbook.

There is one thing I don't like about this CM thing. The lady kept telling me I have to call and schedule classes with my friends and family. I frankly told her I was in this to have fun, to get my product at a discount and not to make money. She makes a living out of this. I already have too much on my plate with homeschooling, 2 kids that like it when I feed them, an ornery parrot that likes to be tended to and two cats that think they rule.

She has called me or emailed me several times to see if I'm calling my "list of potential customers". I don't like that. I will tolerate it until my kit comes in and I replace the items she gave me. This is not to say I won't hold a crop if the opportunity should arise but I'm not marketing it. I do not take kindly to pushy salespeople.

Creative Memories does have a quota of $500 retail every quarter. That's about $350 plus tax & shipping my cost. That's fine because when I went to Michaels I easily spent $100 and it was for a very small amount of items, including the useless Fiskars cutting set.

Today, I'm off to Joanns. I want some pretty embellishments. Also, some pretty paper and a tote to put the paper in.


2 comments:

Martha, Marty said...

I'm thinking about becoming a Creative Memories consultant -- how is your business doing? Are you glad you signed up? Thanks, Marty in Texas

Blings and Girly Things said...

Well, dear, if I pushed it a little more I would probably do a lot better. I have the kit and only signed up to get the discount for my personal use items.

As with any direct sales company, I think you will get out of it as much as you put into it. I frankly don't have much time to devote to it since I focus mainly on my jewelry business.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you.