Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ebay's fees are going down - so they say....Ha!

I got an email from Ebay, as I'm sure millions of others did, saying that they have listened to their loyal followers--sounds like a cult to me now. According to them, they are lowering their listing fees and their gallery fees, yada yada yada. That's all well and good but if you look at the fact that they are raising their final value fees, among other fees, they continue to nickel and dime you to death. I had been thinking of listing some things that I have just taking up space in my already too cramped abode but now I'm rethinking that bright idea.

What gets me is why would Ebay send out this information when it really doesn't save the seller any money? They didn't actually LOWER the fees, they just redistributed them so that people that aren't paying attention will fall for their marketing tactics. They've gotten so greedy that I think someone that has the intelligence and time, to build a similar website, should give them a run for their money. Why couldn't they leave well enough alone? They were already making money hand over fist on fees from sellers.

Maybe I'll talk to my teenage type offspring about getting some of his like-minded friends to get together and see if they can all put their noodles to work and come up with something brilliant. He's been complaining that he needs money and wants to work. He prides himself with being a nerd/geek. Maybe, just maybe, he is sitting on a goldmine and isn't even aware of it. He told me when he was 5 years old that he would be the next Bill Gates when he grew up. I think it is time I put him to the test, huh? After all, he spends hours on end in front of the computer writing all kinds of programs. Since he's there already he may as well put that time to even better use.

What, dear friends, readers and lurkers alike, say you? Am I blowing a bunch of hot air because I've nothing better to do on a Saturday morning when all are still asleep? Is it a pipe dream? Could it be possible that a couple of teens heck-bent on conquering the cyber-world in this manner succeed? Be honest with me, I promise I won't cry if you hurt my feelings. If I do, you won't know about it. Send me your bright ideas. I know you guys are all brilliant, after all, you do read my blog religiously, correct? I rest my case.

Waiting with bated breath on your comments, drive by postings or mocking email sent to me at this email address.

Have a marvelous weekend everyone!!




No comments: