Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Do you ever wonder?







As we've been looking for a house for several months now, I've started looking at many properties online. I've seen some nice homes, some rather plain -- others not so plain. I understand the plain ones but for now I'm going to talk about the ones that are fancy beyond belief. Just for kicks, I started looking at some that were like in the 700K and up range. That's SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND smackeroos! About half a mile from us is this just absolutely gorgeous property. It's a mere $837,500.00 It's been on the market for over a year, and it is just breath-taking. Thing is, what do you do with something so big and fancy? Since I don't have that kind of money, I've always wondered what the people that live in these kind of homes do for a living. Do the wives stay home? Is it a single parent home? Why do people buy something so extravagant? Is it because they can? What do they do with all that room/space? Do they ever get lonely? Do these people worry about money? Do they worry about getting robbed? The most important thing, since they already have all the money -- or so it seems -- they could ever need, the most important questions is, do they know God?


I've always wondered that about the wealthy people. They have all the material things anybody could ever hope to have but do they really know God? Do they pray? I'm happy for them that they have all the things they need/want. I've always wondered if they are so much smarter than everyone else and that's how they got where they are today, financially. I am not talking about the ones that have inherited the money from their parents, I'm talking about the ones that have worked hard to get what they have. If they have family/children, did the kids get left with a nanny in order for the parents to acquire what they have? Did they do it for the children or to impress their neighbors/colleagues? I've always wondered that. If anyone out there is in that position, will you please answer my questions? Earthly treasures are temporary and life is but a fleeting moment. God is free and He offers eternal life and heavenly treasures. I think I like the latter. I cannot take what little I do have here on earth. My treasures are in heaven.

No comments: