Friday, January 18, 2008

Whiling away the time

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you plan something and God, in His mercy and wisdom, has other, more important plans for you?

Here I was planning on embarking on a new venture with a friend and all the time thinking it will work out fine. However, I'd been praying that God would shed His light and guidance on me and give me discernment in this situation and He did...quickly!

This doesn't, by any means, mean that I will give up on my dream. I've only changed gears and am on the right path now. I had, however, been a little bit leery - about this individual. Something just wasn't fitting in with the plans and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Nothing major...just a fleeting moment here and there, annoying really, like a gnat that keeps attempting to land on your face, ugh! I kept batting away at it in my mind. The thought prevailed.

Last week I found out that God has listened to my prayers for wisdom and enlightened me. This particular individual showed her true colors. Alas! I must embark on this venture on my own. But if you really think about it - it's not really on my own. I'll have the best, most experienced, most loving and wisest partner of all. The Lord Jesus Christ. I've opened my mind and heart to Him and I'm so glad He accepted the invitation. Without Him, my new business venture would be a total disaster. Now, with all fears set aside, I believe - truly believe, I will succeed.

Things got turned around just a little bit. I was always afraid to do it on my own thinking I needed someone there to lean on. The Lord knows our hearts though and He knows where my fear was rooted. Amazing how He fixed that promptly. Now I realize there was nothing to fear, I don't need a "crutch" for I have God on my side. I've consulted Him in every thing before taking the next step. He has guided. He has blessed. He has put me in a position where I know that my successes, however big or small, are due to my placing Him and His Kingdom first. I'm not leaning unto my own understanding because, after all, there are days that I can't even understand myself. May His name be glorified and that He never allows me to forget who comes first in my life.

Have a blessed day and remember to thank God for all that you have. We are but as a feather in the wind. Our lives twist and turn with the changes coming so unexpectedly. Sometimes we are flying high and other times quite low but always under the watchful eye of our Heavenly Father.



No comments: