Sunday, January 6, 2008

I called the cops!

Since a family with several kids moved in down the street we've had problems with the kids riding their ATV in the alley behind our house. Twice I've come around the corner to come head on with the boy, barely missing hitting him with my car (my worst nightmare). I've glared at him and his younger companion and have warned them I would be calling the cops, they only smile and continue to do it. They wear no protective gear and are no more than 10 years old, if that, and the younger one is maybe 3 or 4 years old.

Their ATV has stalled many times in the middle of the alley and I always wonder why I never see the mother doing anything to keep these kids in line. This morning, while I was reading a highly recommended book titled Epicenter, I hear the loud noise of the ATV yet again. I look out my window to see the chunky little kid at it again. Mr. Sir is sleeping as he got in from work at 7 am this morning. Fed up, I picked up the phone and called the cops. I told them I paid too much money in property taxes for this crap to be going on without them doing anything about it. That I did not need to be contacted if they would only do their job and tell these annoying people that they do not live out in the country. They are not back home in a country where they can make their own rules. I was livid as this is the umpteenth time I've called on this. I told them that if they would get here in a timely manner that they would catch the little brat in the act. It wasn't but about 15 minutes, if that, when I heard the siren of the cruiser coming down the alley just a few seconds after I heard the nuisance child roar past our back yard.

Now, I'm peacefully reading my much anticipated book. I'm happy, it's quiet, I'm relaxed. I pray that this lasts. I do not like being mean to kids or keeping them from enjoying themselves but for golly gee, what are they thinking, ya know? First and foremost, safety!! Where the heck is the ignorant mother?? Does she not realize the danger those kids are in? The alley is busy with the neighbors construction trucks and tow trucks coming and going. Not everyone is careful coming around the two blind-spot corners on each end of the alley. The kid is going faster than 10 miles an hour...he's unprotected, there's an incline that he can easily flip over on if he goes too fast. If that were to happen it would more than likely kill him or leave him severely injured. There is nobody out there watching him. Almost wants to make me go and shake the mother.

We need to move out of here...too many Latinos moving in. Yes, I said Latinos, Hispanics, Mestizos, etc. Is that racist? I don't think their being Latino bothers me but I am part Latina and I know my people. That is the reason I want to stay away from them. Most have no class whatsoever. They are rude, inconsiderate and ignorant. They also live 20 people to a house...that is the only way they can afford to live in this neighborhood. Don't misunderstand me, I realize there are undesirable people in every race but man these people take the cake.

If any other Latinos are reading this blog and you feel I've offended you - you know I'm right. Whether you want to admit it or not, it's the truth. And if you will re-read that 5th sentence in the above paragraph, you will notice I said MOST...not all. So don't get your undies in a bunch. It's people like those that give us all a bad name.

You won't find my kids running wild and annoying or being a nuisance to others. I will see to that. Manners and proper etiquette are taught early on in a child's life. I wish these people would learn once and for all that just because they put up with their kids and their loud and annoying ways doesn't mean that everyone else must.

Ok...that's it for my rant for the day. Have a marvelous and peaceful day. Hasta luego!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I hear you on the ATV thing. Remember when we lived in our old neighborhood with neighbor boys that road their 4 wheelers on the streets and it was in the city?

I ended up having to call the police then and it wasn't pretty what happened afterwards.

So glad we know longer live there.

Blings and Girly Things said...

Yes, Laura, you are so blessed that you have moved out of that situation. My dream is to move away from the city completely and live on a farm with enough acreage to have peace and quiet.

By the way, Happy New Year and I am going to send you and Ashley those things I said I would. Keep an eye out for them. I'll let you know when they are shipped, probably middle of the week.