Thursday, April 3, 2008

Homeschool Curriculum Buying Time (Again)!


Just yesterday I got two different catalogs for homeschool curriculum for my kids. One was from the incredibly rude people at Abeka, the other was from Alpha Omega Publications. Each one with their own advertising tactics about how now is the time to purchase because they are being so generous with their percentage off discounts. I'm sticking with Alpha Omega for my Princess and well, the teenager-type doesn't know what he will use next (his senior) year.

I can't believe he will be a senior already. It seems like just a few months ago he was still singing for a dollar whenever his uncle wanted to see him sing and dance. He was 7 at the time. He has grown so fast. This is Giovanni now. That was a quick 10 years that flew by. He'll be 18 in October and he'll be off to Baylor University a year later.

I'm blessed with being able to stay at home and homeschool my kids. I'm blessed that we can afford to purchase the curriculum. I know a lot of parents that cannot. I won't be using SOS curriculum for my daughter, instead I will use the AOP Lifepacs. I like that it comes bundled with a Bible curriculum. One less thing for me to worry about.

I'll have to tell my brother and sister-in-law about the specials as they are also thinking about homeschooling their 9 yr old son. We'll see what happens.


No comments: