Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am in pain, heart-wrenching pain. God help us all!

As much as I don't want to allow the economical situation of others bother me, it does. I belong to several Christian groups in real life and online. This morning there were two specific ones that touched me. One is a lady that is forced to live with very little food and in a house that is in bad disrepair. Another is a family that has only a few dollars left to their name, is losing the home to foreclosure that their father has left them and they don't have money for gas to get to a job. My heart is aching. I want to cry out to God and ask Him why! Why was I given a heart like mine? Why does the pain of others have to hurt me so much? What does He want from me? What must I do to help these people when they are so far away from me? I can't seem to stop crying for these people. It's insane!

It's as if they are my flesh and blood. I can't help them all financially but I will do what I can with what I have been blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ. It won't be enough, there is no way. And it frustrates me. I want to run and scream at how unfair this world is to so many people. I know God is in control though but I want to be able to help more. I want God to send me a miracle so that I may ease the burdens that these people must live with.

Lord, I cannot do this alone. Please help me. You gave me a heart as weak as mine and now I need you to keep your word and help me be the vessel You intended me to be. It hurts dear Lord and only you can ease the pain. You promised in Your word. I stand on that promise and I know Your word will not return void. Help me to be Your humble servant and show me the way to do Your perfect will. In Jesus holy name I pray. Amen.


No comments: