Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year and Many Blessings to All!!

Well, looks like we made it through another year and a new one is upon us. I can hardly believe how fast time is going by. The aches and pains of aging have made their presence known, especially in the last 6 months. It's like I feel my body slowly breaking down; I wish it would do it even slower.

I must admit that I have started taking my vitamins regularly again. That's one of my New Year's resolutions, to take my vitamins every day without fail. I certainly feel better when I take them, if only I can make it a habit of doing so.

We have a little guest at our home. She is having a blast here with my little princess and at times says to me she wants to stay here forever. If only things were that simple. God knows my heart and He will do what needs to be done in His time and if it's His will.

Got a call yesterday from my dear friend the mighty Noodle. We had a nice chat and she gave me sound advice on dealing with some issues I'm having in my life currently. It's always nice to have a trustworthy friend you can take your innermost feelings and thoughts to.

The holidays were a little hectic but I'm glad we got through them unscathed, or barely so. School starts up again next week and I believe the Teenage-type goes back to college on Jan. 14 and I need to buy more textbooks for him. Argh....bottomless money-hungry pit, this college thing. The things we do for our children.

Why is everybody suddenly asking me how to make jewelry? Maybe next time someone does ask me I'll point them to the closest bookstore where they can find a book that shows them how to do it. If they only knew how much money it takes to start making it in the first place. Maybe I should tell them if its as a hobby to just take something up that won't cost them an arm and a leg. Like candle making or bird watching or whatever.

My New Year's resolution is to read the Bible more often and get closer to God. I pray that this new year brings this whole country into a more humble place and that more and more souls are saved for the Glory of the All Mighty. That our leaders faithfully look to God for answers instead of leaning onto their own understanding. That people will praise Him how He should be praised and that nobody worries about being politically correct when it comes to glorifying our Lord Jesus Christ.

This year I will be writing about someone in need that needs our prayers. The names will be changed to protect their identities from unwelcome scrutiny of curiosity seekers. The people will be changed as new ones come into my life and my focus will be directed to different needs. I ask that God will use me to glorify His holy name in everything I do. That I might make a difference in someone's life so that His name will be exalted. I want to provide clothing for families in need. Now all I need is to win the lottery to purchase these items, huh? Seriously, though, I will do whatever it takes to make sure that I am thinking more about the not so fortunate and do what needs to be done on my part.

May the good Lord bless you all now more than ever. May He prepare us all for what is yet to come and that we may all do what is righteous in His eyes. Happy New Year to everyone and God Bless!








No comments: