Saturday, September 15, 2007

I've been resurrected!

I have finally been resurrected from the crud. Oh, man did that nasty crud get me good. Well, actually it wasn't as bad as it was last year. It took me 3 weeks to get over it back then. This time it has been close to a week but I'm much better.

I'm still coughing like a 3-pack-a-day cigarette smoker but that will take a little bit longer to get rid of. I've been waking up at about 4 am every day with the hacking cough. Makes me feel like I'm going to pass out from all that exertion. My head hurts from all the coughing. I've gone through a bottle of Dayquil, another of Nyquil and now I'm taking Robitussin once a day to ease my coughing fits a little bit.

My body felt so worn out and I just wanted to sleep but lo and behold...I am a mom...a wondermom at that. Did I rest? No. Did I cook? Is the sky blue? Every single day. I tell you there is no rest for a mom. Did I get a single friggin' thing for my anniversary, uh, no. Did I even remember it; well, no. But -- that's beside the point.

So, just out of spite, I went to the Joanns Superstore in Dallas. I drove all the way over there and found nothing worth buying. I went to go buy the Crop-A-Dile. With the way my luck has been going this week I wasn't one bit surprised to find that they were out. I wasn't too disgusted when I saw the 15 people waiting in line to check out. I smugly waltzed out of there with my little princess in tow. How dare they! There wasn't a sale flyer in sight -- the audacity!!

Drove to another town and went to Hobby Lobby, surprise surprise, they were out as well. I did, however, purchase a few small things just 'cause I felt like it. I guess every scrapbooking person for miles around was buying up this particular tool and thus I found none. What I did see that was, of course, available was the Cricut die-cutting machine. After I looked at the price of that puppy, I realized why there were plenty of those left.

I've made the decision that I will go one step above that and get the Wishblade. Not cheap but dadgumit, I got nothing for my anniversary!! He's paying, I tell you, he's paying dearly. I WILL get my Wishblade and I may not wait until Christmas! I just may even pay full price for it...just to show him. Nah, maybe not...I'll get it at a discount and spend the rest on more supplies. He's still dishing out the $400-plus. I can feel it in the fiber of my being.

No comments: